A cool-headed 13-year-old saved his mom's life after she passed out while driving– during her first-ever severe allergic reaction to peanuts.; Lead author Dr. Ruchi Gupta said the research shows the confusion about the meaning of the different warning labels. This is "causing consumers with food allergy to make their own decisions about the safety of a product based on the wording in the label," says Gupta, director of the Center for Food Allergy & Asthma Research (CFAAR) at Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine.
The Center for Food Allergy & Asthma Research (CFAAR), at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, announced the launch of the Intervention to Reduce Early Peanut Allergy in Children (iREACH) study.; "Through supporting pediatric clinicians in adhering to the guidelines, we have an achievable way to prevent peanut allergy and reduce incidence, which is exciting," Dr. Ruchi Gupta, the study principal investigator, noted.